- Assistant Manager – minimum commitment 2 months – we have ongoing opportunities
- Builder / Carpenter – minimum commitment 1 month
- Signwriter / Graphic artist – minimum commitment 2 weeks
Please register your interest via the contact page
Builder-Carpenter – we have a series of minor updates & maintenance jobs. We have other projects if you are interested in staying longer.
Signwriter / Graphic artist – painting some signs
Assistant Managers – The role is an opportunity for perhaps an alumni of a management study program ~ for someone taking a year sabbatical ~ perhaps a new angle on retirement after being in business for a working life time ~ or maybe it will be a person who is changing lanes and finding pastures new ~ or none of these things . . . .
Here is an overview of the role ~ a position of responsibility
- having excellent communication skills
- close liaison with the Director
- the ability to enter a work place with staff already secure in their respective roles, a regular team member
- a welcoming outlook, particularly in relationship to Open Minds’ clientele- visitors
- a pro-development view ~ checking options for future development and accomplishing the tasks in hand
- reception, managing bookings and inquiries by email
- usual volunteer jobs . . which really means who knows what may be the next task . . ?
- assisting in the general coordination of the centre
- giving support with ongoing PR – the web site, newsletter, fliers etc.
- supervising routine jobs of staff & volunteers – & sometimes working alongside them as needed
- hands-on work in the garden & light maintenance as needed
- contact Mana via the contact page – Thank you!