Assistant Manager ~ Volunteer / Intern wanted
We are looking for Volunteer Assistant Manager / Guest Liaison. Minimum commitment: 2 months. Registrations of interest welcome for 2017.
Open Mind is now waiting for the ‘right’ person to ‘happen’!!! Several hours work per day in exchange for accommodation and food. The role is an opportunity for perhaps an alumni of a management study program ~ for someone taking a year sabbatical ~ perhaps a new angle on retirement after being in business for a working life time ~ or maybe it will be a person who is changing lanes and finding pastures new ~ or none of these things . . . .
Here is an overview of the role ~ a position of responsibility
- having excellent communication skills
- close liaison with the Director
- the ability to enter a work place with staff already secure in their respective roles, a regular team member
- a welcoming outlook, particularly in relationship to Open Minds’ clientele- visitors
- a pro-development view ~ checking options for future development and accomplishing the tasks in hand
- managing bookings and inquiries by email
- usual volunteer jobs . . which really means who knows what may be the next task . . ?
- assisting in the general coordination of the centre
- giving support with ongoing PR – the web site, newsletter, fliers etc.
- supervising routine jobs of staff & volunteers – & sometimes working alongside them as needed
- hands-on work in the garden & light maintenance as needed
- contact Mana via the contact page – Thank you!