Host your own events, workshops & retreats at Open Mind Centre ~ planning & PR
For more info about our facilities – click here.
Monthly Open Mind Centre PR
- notice in PEP – Pai Events Planner, a monthly ‘what’s on’ & info booklet, widely distributed and read
- flyer – calendar – distributed widely around Pai each month, and at OMC
- calendar at openmindcentre.asia web site
- newsletter usually sent monthly to our email list
- front page entry for your offering/s on openmindcentre.asia web site if you have a major project
What we need from you
Deadline for our regular monthly publicity – 18th each month. Please get your information to us by the 18th of the month before you begin.
- photo(s) of you
- photo(s) or artwork giving a feel for your work – for example – a group you have run, etc
- for each offering –
- title for your workshop / event / session
- date(s) and times
- full description for our online calendar and/ or website front page entry and / or newsletter
- your contact details that you would like people to use for info and registrations
- registration conditions if any – for example, “must have completed xyz workshop” etc
- short description – 20 words or less – for OMC flyer, PEP etc
- Optional: short ‘bio’ – anything you think is interesting & relevant – your skills, interests, qualifications, training, background etc
As you probably already well know, publicity materials can take some time to put together. We suggest you gather what you need well ahead of time so that your event is publicised well. Having some nice photos or artwork makes a big difference.
Suggestions for your own PR
Most people offering workshops and sessions at Open Mind Centre also manage their own publicity in Pai.
You can also put your own publicity on ‘Our Pai Family’ Facebook page. Our Pai family is a group page visited by many Pai residents: www.facebook.com/groups/ourpaifamily/. You can post
- your flyer
- photos of your work or inspiration etc
- start a discussion etc
Posters in Art in Chai, Good Life, Edible Jazz and Earth Tone cafés are also highly recommended.
Talk with people around town.
You may want to offer a low-price or free introductory workshop before your main event(s) and invite everyone interested to let people know about your work.
We have a mac computer and wifi at Open Mind Centre you can use for your publicity if you are in Pai. You will need to pay for your own printing costs.